Oak Bark Leather Bespoke Belt With Roller Buckle
This is the ultimate British belt. We only use bridle butt, the premium part of the Ox hide, for our belts. It's sourced it from Britain's only remaining Oak Bark tannery, J & FJ Baker, which has been a tannery since Roman times. Baker's hand pick the best local Devon hides and treat them to an expensive 14 month tanning process that protects the natural fibres of the hide, unlike quicker, cheaper, modern tanning methods.
The result is leather that is unrivalled; hardwearing, strong and with distinctive colours that emphasise the natural grain - luxury leather like this simply cannot be found anywhere else.
We source a range of buckles from The Abbey England Foundry, which was founded as Stanley Brothers in Walsall in 1832 to cast buckles for horse harnesses. Today, buckle production is still their main area of expertise and the original buckle designs still form the basic shape of all the belt buckles they make, combining a unique historical experience with modern metal finishes.
We give these to our master belt maker who has been crafting quality English leather goods for over 30 years, developing product ranges for Gieves & Hawkes, Purdey, Jay Kos, Calvin Klein and many others. He now focuses on making bespoke handmade and hand stitched bridle leather belts for private clients all over the world.
- Leather: English bridle leather
- Tanning: Oak bark
- Colour: Mid brown
- Buckle: Solid brass roller
- Width: 38mm / 1.5 inches
- Thickness: 4mm / 3/16 inch
- Weight: 180g
- Personalisation: This belt is made to measure to fit you perfectly. Up to 3 initials can also be embossed onto the face of the belt next to the keeper loops
- UK shipping: Please allow 5 working days for us to make and deliver this item within the UK (7 working days if embossed)
- International shipping: Please allow 10 working days for us to make and deliver this item internationally (12 working days if embossed)
Our standard returns policy applies for this product.
For full details, please see our returns policies here.
Our belts are made to order and therefore can't be returned. Part of the joy of owning a bespoke belt is that it fits you perfectly, yet men often miscalculate the size of belt they require. Measuring someone's belt size correctly is a simple three step process:
1. If the belt is for yourself, thread a regularly used leather belt through your favourite trousers/jeans and fasten as normal. Note which hole you fasten the buckle tongue through.
2. If the belt is a gift, you can usually see the right hole by the usage mark left by the buckle tongue.
3. Lay the belt flat on a table and measure from the hole discussed above to where the leather turns through the buckle. This is the size belt you need to order.