Marius Compact Mens Umbrella
Our handmade compact umbrella has a beautiful solid maple handle, 10 ribs for extra strength and a full sized canopy to keep you dry. It retracts to be small enough to be easy to carry and is stored in it's own matching sheath.
The Marius Compact is fitted with a lightweight navy canopy and all the features you'd have found on products our crafters were making over 100 years ago, including an inside cap and a mother of pearl furling button.
These features are crafted in contrasting navy to add a contemporary twist to this centuries old design.
It is named after Monsieur Jean Marius, a master purse maker who invented the folding umbrella in 1709. This made umbrellas lightweight and practical and soon every sophisticated Parisian was seen with a parapluie.
He was granted a five year royal privilege in 1710 by Louis XIV such that every umbrella made in France carried his trademark for that period.
- Handle: Sustainably sourced polished Italian Maplewood (Acer opalus)
- Frame and shaft: 10 rib Grade A Steel frame and steel shaft
- Canopy: Finest 2oz polyester with an overall diameter of 103.5cm / 40 inches
- Stitching: 25 tex waterproofed polyester thread
- Furling button: Engraved 20 ligne natural mother of pearl shell button
- Cap: Traditional inside cap made from same high quality canopy material
- Outer case: Matching outer case made from canopy material with contrast stitching
- Length: Overall length from top of crook curve to tip of umbrella is 45cm / 18 inches
- Weight: 490g / 17.3oz
- UK shipping: Please allow 5 working days for us to make and deliver this item within the UK
- International shipping: Please allow 10 working days for us to make and deliver this item internationally
Our standard returns policy applies for this product.
For full details, please see our returns policies here.