Marius Solid Mens Umbrella
Our handmade solid sticks are the gold standard of mens umbrellas, marking their carriers with the hallmark of classic style and good taste. They're exceptionally strong and lovingly polished to accentuate the beauty of the single piece of solid natural maplewood.
The Marius Solid mens umbrella is fitted with a lightweight navy canopy and all the features you'd have found on products our crafters were making over 100 years ago, including hand stitched inside and outside rosettes and a mother of pearl furling button.
These features are crafted in contrasting orange to add a contemporary twist to this centuries old design.
It is named after Monsieur Jean Marius, a master purse maker who invented the folding umbrella in 1709. This made umbrellas lightweight and practical and soon every sophisticated Parisian was seen with a parapluie.
He was granted a five year royal privilege in 1710 by Louis XIV such that every umbrella made in France carried his trademark for that period.
- Handle and shaft: Single piece of sustainably sourced Italian Maplewood (Acer opalus) with diameter of 16mm / 5/8 inch
- Frame: 8 rib Grade A Steel frame
- Canopy: Finest 2oz polyester with an overall diameter of 106cm / 41.7 inches
- Ferrule: Hand turned
- Stitching: 25 tex waterproofed polyester thread
- Furling button: Engraved 20 ligne natural mother of pearl shell button
- Caps and rosettes: Hand stitched traditional caps and rosettes made from same high quality canopy material
- Outer case: Matching outer case made from canopy material with furling button closure and ring
- Leigth: Overall length from top of crook curve to tip of ferrule is approx. 91cm / 35.8 inches
- Weight: 600g / 21.2oz
- UK shipping: Please allow 5 working days for us to make and deliver this item within the UK
- International shipping: Please allow 10 working days for us to make and deliver this item internationally
Our standard returns policy applies for this product.
For full details, please see our returns policies here.